Tuesday 17 December 2013

Bangkok Day 5 (22 Dec 09) - One Last Glance

Today's my last day here for this trip, though my flight is at 9.15pm, that means I still have the whole day , but I am out of energy to do anything else. Woke up rather late (around 10am), and started to pack, as I have not pack yet (my hotel room was kinda in a mess). Since I have to check out latest by 1 pm, I din really have much time to relax at all. Packing din take me too long, done packing at around 11.30 am. Today din really do much. After I checked out of the hotel, I was walking around Siam Square (thank goodness I stayed at Siam Square, at least something to do for me to kill time), making sure that I covered everything on Siam Square. Siam Square was rather empty at the time I woke up when I looked out from my room, however at around noon time, one can see influx of people, the locals (mostly students and yuppies), tourists. It seemed that the place has gotten a breath of life as the time dwells into the lateness. Now shopping here was a breeze, since I can speak a little Thai, prices quoted to me was much much lower than the others. And the locals are more willing to give me a good price (compared to ang mohs who was trying to buy stuff from them). Felt pretty much like a zombie, walking around aimlessly to kill time. Dunno how many times I walked around Siam Square today already. Guess I am so familiar after today that there is nothing in Siam Square that I did not cover (even the most ulu corners). Walked around the nearby malls such as MBK, Siam Discovery, Siam Centre and Siam Paragon, was kinda torture since I dun really like shopping. Anyways, managed to killed time and waited for 6pm and returned back to the hotel. When I checked in, the hotel staff told me I could asked for a shower room. Had the impression probably they have shower facilities like those in swimming pools or gyms. I went to the business centre and asked about the shower room, little did I expected that they actually gave me a hotel room just for showering purposes on the 5th floor. After I entered the room, I found that the room that I was assigned was really a good one and is pretty big, compared to this room. After taking a nice shower, time for me to head to the airport.
Can never get sick of this view of Siam Square from the deck of my room

A&W Waffle Burger

Last look around Siam Square
The journey to the airport was a nightmare, even the cabby was complaining about the traffic in the city. Despite his grumble and the traffic which stood still for around 15 mins (as in not moving at all, the light at the junction was red throughout the 15 mins), no one was honking or swearing. People were just waiting patiently for the light to turn green. After we survived the traffic jam (thanks to the knowledgeable cabby who knew how to avoid the jam), we arrived in the airport rather fast (took around 1½ hour with the jam). There3 was a delay in checking in, as the airline system was down, around 30 mins later we were able to check in once more. Dun really have the time to walk around the airport, after checking in, went to grab a bite and then headed towards the aircraft (did I mentioned the airport was HUGE?). The aircraft arrived late and as a result we took off 30 mins later, well can’t really complain coz I am travelling by budget airlines; as long as I got my flight home I am happy).

As the days goes by, I understood the concept of "A Road less travelled", it is not about the destination, it is the idea of one stepping out of our comfort zone. Not many of us are willing to got out of our comfort zone and do something radical. Afterall Bangkok , Kanchanaburi, and Ayutthaya are really touristy places. This trip is my first step in taking this road less travelled, where is my next destination? I dunno. When will I take the next step? I have no idea…….

No comments:

Post a Comment